Friday, September 2, 2011

I Love ゆ Newsletter No. 3 - September 2011

*******
I Love ゆ Newsletter No. 3 - September 2011
*******

In this newsletter:

1)    Site updates.
2)    This issue’s recommended spot.

*******

1)    Site updates

With Hyogo prefecture finished, I have moved on to Osaka first dealing with those sento and supersento in the city’s borders. Looking at this finished list I can think of a few places that I have been to but omitted due to poor note taking. Overall there is a good sampling of the what’s on offer within the city including some amazing natural springs that shouldn't be missed. There are 22 reviews of active sento and one remembrance of a great sento that closed since my visit.

Osaka city: http://iloveyu.jp/Reviews/osaka/osaka/osakacity.html

2)    This issue’s recommended spot.

I can’t recommend Shigino Kengon Onsen more. My first trip here was somewhat of the impetus for what became the I Love Yu project. Shigino is a gem of a sento with great staff and a truly amazing spring. I can’t write much more than what is already on the review so check it out there.

Shigino Kengon Onsen: http://iloveyu.jp/Reviews/osaka/osaka/osaka/shigino.html

*******

And that’s it for No.3. Thank you for subscribing. I hope you’re all enjoying some baths and that you had a great summer vacation. Since having a baby and going to the gym, my sento time has really been cut into. Hopefully sometime this weekend I’ll be able to get out of the house for a few hours.

Sakai city is next on my list. I’ll try to visit a few more around there before uploading my reviews. If you have any tips in Sakai please send them my way. As always you can contact me in the comments or by email.

1 comment:

angryparsnip said...

So much effort and time put in but how much fun and relaxing time spent checking out all these places !

cheers, parsnip